Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cabin Fever

We finally have it! The cabin is complete enough to use and although we have also been working to put on the finishing touches, it is nothing short of fabulous! We were able to spend the Fourth of July weekend there with our cabin partners and had an amazing time watching fireworks by the water and roasting marshmallows.

The following week we were able to join EJ's entire family for some boating, swimming, water skiing, biking and just plain old relaxation. I also became baker of rhubarb extraordinaire during the week which I must say worked out well for all. I made rhubarb crisp, cake, pie, bars, and if there was anything else, I've forgotten by now. This was all due to the massively overgrown rhubarb plant in my backyard that would have certainly gone to seed by the time we returned from the cabin. I didn't hear any complaints about all the baking.


Enjoy some pictures of our new addition (both the cabin and our niece!) and for those of you out of state, maybe it will be another temptation to come for a visit.



3 comments:

Stephanie M said...

Your cabin looks really wonderful!!! And your neice is beautiful!! Does your family know what to do with a girl????

St. Paul Sister said...

Gorgeous! And we are coming ... eventually. Really. We are. That baby girl is darling!! Oooh dontcha just want to nibble on her?

Christina said...

Oh, so beautiful (both Alexis and the cabin!). We can't wait to go up.

BTW - I deleted your comment off our blog just because we try to stay a little vague about where we live. Yes, I hate the birds, but I do actually know who our mascot is. :) You are fun and funny.