Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ride On

Roo finally did it. He decided to figure out how to ride his bike. On Friday evening, he hauled out his little bike and very firmly said, "Don't help me!" He worked and worked with Far Far at his side brandishing a camcorder. Being the pessimist I can be at times, Gramma and I went for a walk (not at all confident that he would really do it) while EJ and G-man went for their own ride. Upon return to the house, we found a Roo riding his bike. He is so proud of himself that he has been riding non-stop since. As an added incentive, EJ told Roo a while ago that he would buy him a new helmet once he could ride his bike. So off he goes, with his new cool helmet wondering if now he can ride his bike to school himself.

On another riding note, EJ had a bike race this weekend. I had planned to go and cheer him on but standing in the rain to watch 30 seconds of riding wasn't what I considered the best of plans for my Saturday. In hindsight, I should have. My guy rocked! He is racing with a local team this year and competed in the Tour of the Bitteroot's road race placing first for his category! Next time, maybe I'll show up and give him a smooch at the finish line.


No comments: