Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sniffling, Sneezing, Coughing, Achy, Stuffy Head...

I'm sick. That's all there is to it. It started on Sunday when I woke up with a sore throat. Not good I thought being less than a week away from Marathon MADness. So I took it easy, spent the majority of the day on the couch and slept. Monday was luckily a holiday as I didn't feel much better and, again, spent the majority of the day in bed, sleeping. Tuesday came and feeling like my head was going to explode, made an appointment with my nurse practitioner hoping beyond hope that she could give me some kind of magical medication. Turns out to be a virus...just let it run it's course, damn it! It's course is on day 4 and I don't care if it's a virus or not, we decided to blast the SOB with a dose of antibiotics and steriod nasal spray, just in case a virus wants to surrender to an antibiotic. Hmff. That'll teach it! So in every attempt to actually run this marathon that I've trained for, taken work off from, and have looked forward to people who are crazy do oyster shots on the route, I stayed home from work today. I must say I'm feeling a bit better. I can breathe anyway and heck, I may even attempt to bike to Roo's school to pick him up. I may drop dead from lightheadedness and lack of oxygen but it may be a good 3 mile test to the 26.2 I have to face on Saturday. I'll keep you posted, the caravan leaves at 6 bells tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Stephanie M said...

Good LUCK!!!! I'll be rooting for you!!!! Can't wait to hear how you do!